Today I got engrossed in building a new theme. Not completely from scratch; I did use a framework and I got lots of help from J, thank goodness. It was lots of fun (and lots of frustration at times), but I’m glad it’s done. Thank you, J! I’ll leave it alone for a little while… if you’ve been watching the site lately, you know I’ve been changing it on almost an hourly basis the last few days. My creativity is in overdrive.
My therapists disagree about why my creativity and focus are so strong right now. One says that I could be headed toward the manic end, the other one says it sounds more like I’m depressed. That’s the problem with having mirror symptoms on both ends, one of the things that makes my illness so much harder to keep in check. At any rate, I’ve got a pretty yucky cold that’s aggravating it all.
Luckily, I found my journal today from my most recent stint in the outpatient program of the Local Friendly Mental Ward. In it, I’d mapped out my symptoms and corresponding coping techniques. The one for this level of focus? Housework! So I got some dishes done today and felt some better. On the schedule for the weekend is lots and lots of housework.
Boring post, no? Housework…really.
Random factoids about me, because I can’t think of anything else to write about:
- I grew an inch and a half in ten hours once (for real)!
- I only took 1 Tylenol for pain during each of my boys births, and that was when it when they were both almost here.
- The worst pain was not natural childbirth. It was having a chest tube ripped out after surgery.
- J and I met on the internet (he lived in Nebraska, I lived in Georgia)
- I am one of the world’s pickiest eaters. I live on bread varieties and dairy products.
- My favorite color is purple.
- My favorite place in the whole wide world is the pier at St. Simons Island. Epworth-By-The-Sea is a close second, because that’s where J and I got married. Either way, same island!
- I drove about 80 miles round-trip in hilly central Iowa by myself during a bad blizzard when the Iowa National Guard was out rescuing folks off the side of the road…it was that bad. And, I didn’t get home until dark…in a blizzard. I know how to drive in the snow. It’s fun in short trips! (Not 80 miles during a blizzard, at dusk…)
That’s enough for now.